Join The Concord Coalition for a thought-provoking forum on policies that can pave the way for fiscally responsible economic growth. The forum will feature the public release of five policy papers written as part of the new project, bringing together thought leaders and scholars from diverse points of view who agree that fiscally responsible reforms targeting increased economic growth are essential.
These papers examine the key topics of: legal immigration, health care, Social Security, research & development, and workforce training & preparedness.
Robert Bixby, Executive Director of The Concord Coalition, will describe the project.
He will be followed by Kent Smetters, Boettner Professor of Business Economics & Public Policy at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Business, who will present an overview of the fiscal and economic context.
A discussion of the papers will include authors:
- Joseph Antos, American Enterprise Institute
- Robert Atkinson, Information Technology & Innovation Foundation
- Marc Goldwein, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Robert Lerman, The Urban Institute
- Jacqueline Varas, American Action Forum