Congressman Paul Ryan, and former President of SEIU Andy Stern join The Concord Coalition Policy Director and Chair of Youth Advisory Board to Discuss National Debt and Deficits with Wisconsin Citizens
This forum will be broadcast live from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee campus out to five other University of Wisconsin campuses that are participating in these forums. Feel free to join us at any one of these locations:
- UW-Milwaukee - Wisconsin Room, Student Union (2200 East Kenwood Boulevard, Milwaukee WI between Stowell Avenue on the east and Maryland Avenue on the west, on the east side of Milwaukee.); for more info contact Lynn Wilk, 414-229-6917, [email protected]
- UW-Oshkosh - Room 111 Clow Social Science Center; enter off Algoma Blvd, opposite Dempsey Hall. Room 111 is down hall to left @ second hallway; for more info contact Tom Grogan: [email protected]
- UW-La Crosse - 102 Wing Technology Center at 17th and State streets; for more info contact Terry Wirkus: [email protected]
- UW-Green Bay - Room 137 Mary Ann Cofrin (MAC) Hall; for more info contact Dan Spielmann: [email protected]
- UW-Wausau - Room 233 main building, UW Marathon Co. campus; for more info contact Eric Giordano: [email protected]
RSVPs are helpful for our planning; please click on the RSVP link on the right side of this web page.
The Concord Coalition and the Wisconsin Fiscal Advisory Council conducted the second of three forums discussing the challenges associated with the national debt crisis and how it affects our nation and the state of Wisconsin and its residents. For more information on the Wisconsin Fiscal Advisory Council see: http://www.concordcoalition.org/fiscal-stewardship-project/milwaukee-regional-fiscal-advisory-council
This second forum in a series of three took place on Tuesday, October 12th, and focused on what is being done in Washington, DC to address the nation's deficits and spiraling national debt. Congressman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, and Andy Stern, former President of SEIU and current Research Fellow, Georgetown University, joined Concord's Josh Gordon and Luke Repici, Executive Director and Youth Advisory Chair, respectively, discussed the opportunities and challenges for elected officials, youth and future generations, and other engaged leaders when tackling long-term federal fiscal challenges in the current political and economic climate.
The conference was broadcast live via the Internet from the UW Milwaukee campus (broadcast available here).