Video replay of the event.
Date and Time:
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
The Concord Coalition and the Wisconsin Fiscal Advisory Council conducted the second of three forums discussing the challenges associated with the national debt crisis and how it affects our nation and the state of Wisconsin and its residents. For more information on the Wisconsin Fiscal Advisory Council see: http://www.concordcoalition.org/fiscal-stewardship-project/milwaukee-regional-fiscal-advisory-council
This second forum in a series of three took place on Tuesday, October 12th, and focused on what is being done in Washington, DC to address the nation's deficits and spiraling national debt. Congressman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, and Andy Stern, former President of SEIU and current Research Fellow, Georgetown University, joined Concord's Josh Gordon and Luke Repici, Executive Director and Youth Advisory Chair, respectively, discussed the opportunities and challenges for elected officials, youth and future generations, and other engaged leaders when tackling long-term federal fiscal challenges in the current political and economic climate.
The conference was broadcast live via the Internet from the UW Milwaukee campus (broadcast available here).
This forum will be broadcast live from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee campus out to five other University of Wisconsin campuses that are participating in these forums. Feel free to join us at any one of these locations:
- UW-Milwaukee - Wisconsin Room, Student Union (2200 East Kenwood Boulevard, Milwaukee WI between Stowell Avenue on the east and Maryland Avenue on the west, on the east side of Milwaukee.); for more info contact Lynn Wilk, 414-229-6917, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UW-Oshkosh - Room 111 Clow Social Science Center; enter off Algoma Blvd, opposite Dempsey Hall. Room 111 is down hall to left @ second hallway; for more info contact Tom Grogan: email@example.com
- UW-La Crosse - 102 Wing Technology Center at 17th and State streets; for more info contact Terry Wirkus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UW-Green Bay - Room 137 Mary Ann Cofrin (MAC) Hall; for more info contact Dan Spielmann: email@example.com
- UW-Wausau - Room 233 main building, UW Marathon Co. campus; for more info contact Eric Giordano: firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVPs are helpful for our planning; please click on the RSVP link on the right side of this web page.
About Forum Events:
The Concord Coalition believes that only with an engaged, informed and demanding public can the nation's fiscal challenges be met. The Concord Coalition's mission is to cut through the usual partisan rhetoric and stimulate a more realistic public dialogue on what we want our nation's future to look like, along with the required trade-offs. We believe that elected leaders in Washington know there is a problem, but they are unlikely to act unless forced to by their constituents.